Music Banter - View Single Post - Kanye West
Thread: Kanye West
View Single Post
Old 10-03-2010, 07:45 PM   #196 (permalink)
Antonio
VICTORY SCREEEEEEECH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conan View Post
George Bush hates black people? Come on. Sorry but I get the feeling he's just playing a race card sometimes. Not that I know how much he may have struggled with the issue, but seeing as to where he grew up, it just seems unlikely that'd he'd legitimately have experienced it as much as he'd like people to believe.

I don't think there's anything wrong with suburbs or rappers from non-urban areas. I just get uneasy when they compensate for something that doesn't need to be compensated for.
Well, I do agree that when it comes to Kanye himself, he does tend to bring about the race issue when it's uncalled for. What I was commenting on was how economic status doesn't necessarily mean complete social equality. Hell, i've been in pretty well off neighborhoods where the majority there were of a different ethnicity as me and while i could say that i live in an area of similar standing, there have been times where i would get offhanded comments or looks from people because i happened to look a little different.

as for "overcompensating for something that doesn't need to be compensated for", tbh that kind of sounds like you're treating this issue a bit too lightly, don't you think? i mean, i'm not really for over-inflating something stupid like physical appearance or skin color, but that doesn't mean there aren't people out there who do, or causes that are trying to get rid of thinking like that. I do agree that people who try to bump up their own rep by using it should go jump off a bridge, but that doesn't mean that there aren't people who are concerned about it, regardless of social/economic standing.

My MB Journal-I talk about music and stuff!

add me on Steam!
http://steamcommunity.com/id/commandercool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave
isn't this one of the main reasons for this entire site?

what's next? a thread made specifically to banter about music?
Antonio is offline   Reply With Quote