Music Banter - View Single Post - MU.lab: Good choice?
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 10:34 AM   #6 (permalink)
someonecompletelyrandom
Account Disabled

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Uh...
AM might be a good start-off point for a noob but to say it's on par with Cubase, much less Protools? I dunno about that, man... I've used Mixcraft, and it was pretty limiting. Felt like I was driving a race in a Powerwheel. I understand that a person just starting out probably won't need the features that more experienced producers would need, but if you're going to put money into something, put it into something you can grow into, not out of.

Cubase is a better option for that intermediate point. Easy enough to learn on, and broad enough not to grow out of any time soon. Caters to recording and producing and everything in between. My baby is Sonar, and I'll still recommend Cubase to beginners because I know it will serve them well, and for long.
But the thing about mc is for the price there's nothing really like it. And although it took till version 5, you really can (with a few work arounds) work it on a level comprable Protools. Basically, in expect in Mixcraft might be a high novice in Protools. So you might even surpass what alot of protools users can do for a while. So as a place to start and even stay in for a while, I think it's great.

Of course, you'll want to eventually have a variety of daws. protools, cubase, heck even sonar is usefull sometimes.
someonecompletelyrandom is offline   Reply With Quote