Music Banter - View Single Post - Megadeth
Thread: Megadeth
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2010, 04:46 PM   #129 (permalink)
Dizzy Dan
Groupie

Default Best Megadeth Song

I have been listening to the newer Megadeth album non-stop. Which then brought me to the newest metallica album... which as great as everyone say it to be, I didn't see it that way. ANYWAY, this all leads me to my point I promise (you can you skip to the bottom of this post if you want to spare yourself from my banter). I then proceded to listen to what everyone says 'old metallica' to satisfy myself due to lack of happiness from thier new album. As listened through Master of Puppets... Justice... even Black (I hate being chewed up for liking the black album but it happens everytime) Since I was hitting my Older Roots of metal I went to Megadeth, which isnt to far away in the M's of my itunes, Rust in Piece and realised how fantastic Rust in Peace is... Hanger 18 smacks you in the face to wake you up but my concern is The BEST Megadeth song. I remeber spending Weeks on learning Marty Friedmans solo to the point of throwing picks, shaking my guitar, just going nuts. I must have listended to this song over 100,000 times.
TORNADO OF SOULS!!!!! Number one hands down for me.

That riff in the beginning just gets me going.
Then into the next riff I find my self un controlably(is that even a word?) head banging with a face that i cant make unless im listening to this song.

High energy song with just amazing musicianship.

That solo is epic, i do have a personal attachment to that solo since it was the "step up" solo i learned spending hours and days to figure it out and play it.

SO go ahead agree or disagree but! Tornado of Souls by Megadeth, is the best song by them from me!
Dizzy Dan is offline   Reply With Quote