Music Banter - View Single Post - 100 Greatest Bass Players in Rock/Pop
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 02:01 AM   #169 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captainticket View Post
I have been to over 1700 concerts in my life and have been playing guitar since 1974. I want to thank this website for a very good job in making this a very clean site. With that being said, I am totally amazed at the opinions on this site on Bass Playing ability. It is pretty bad, if not awful. With that being said I want to "enlighten" most of you reading and posting on this site who absolutly, is the Greatest Bass Player and I really don't know if anyone will ever match this man. His name is Stanley Clarke. He is so far ahead of second place it's like Babe Ruth or Pavoratti compared to oh lets say, Mark McGwire or Paul Rodgers. Both other men are very good, but not even in the same breath. Stanley Clarke may very well be the best musician I have ever seen or heard ... it is incredible that anyone would think any Rock player would even understand what Stanley can do more than do it. I am a HUGE and I mean Huge RUSH Fan ... I love Geddy Lee ... Geddy is a double A minor leaguer compared to Stanley. People here talk of Entwhistle, Flea and others ... I have seen them all ... it is embarressing even comparing the talent to Stanley. Now I understand taste and some like oh Chris Squire or Tonly Levin ( who is awesome ) or McCartney so on, but strictly talking talent and what they can do on the bass everyman I mentioned would feel uncomfortable being put in the league of Stanley Clarke. I can't wait to read who this site has as Guitarist, Keys and Piano and Drums ...

Peace and learn ... if you don't know who he is google him Stanley Clarke.

Jeff the Captain
Its because when most people pick a musician, they normally pick that musician for their love or admiration of the band. That musician may not technically be the best, but that`s not what music is all about for a lot of people.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote