Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:28 AM   #6430 (permalink)
ThePhanastasio
Killed Laura Palmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
Jeans will forever be the universal human pants. They aren't going anywhere. But yeah, flares are cool.

As for me...one of my close friends will probably be going to jail now. We were all driving home from hanging out at another friend's house on Tuesday. She just picked up some bud and decided to take her bong back home with her as my friend had been watching it for her. Well not only does her car look like the most stereotypical druggie car, but her turn signals stopped working that night. Surprise surprise we get pulled over and of course he smelled it. She admitted it was all hers so my brother and I gt to leave (of course only after the cop tried as hard as he could to get us all to admit we smoked - I've seen too many documentaries and movies to not know that I needed to just keep my mouth shut). The bud she had was all for her (she likes to stock up), but sadly she was just over 30 grams which qualifies as a felony. Plus they found a couple old as **** prescription pills which is another felony here. Plus the misdemeanor for paraphernalia. She just got screwed by the law.

The whole thing was so ****ty. A freakin turn signal. Not to mention the cops here are bored, so any time a "drug bust" happens every cop in town shows up to "help out". Really, they are just there to watch and enjoy the action. We had 3 cars on us when all it took was 1. Not to mention 3/4 of those cops looked younger than me. Maybe it has to do with rule/law enforcement being a very parental thing, but I found it very hard to take someone who is younger than me seriously as far as him telling me what I should and should not be doing.

So there. What a load of crap.
That is extremely horrible. I'm very sorry to hear that. Fortunately, if that's her first drug-related offense, they will probably reduce the sentence to a misdemeanor. She's still probably looking at being charged with at least two misdemeanors, and could be looking at between 30 days - 6 months jail time, if the court where you live is anything like where I live.

For example: A friend of mine was in the car with me once, and she (stupidly) had a bunch of pain medication that was not hers on her (60 pills) and I pulled over because I got a phone call and don't like talking and driving. I pulled into a gas station right beside the high school in my town (within 25 yards of said high school) and it was 3 in the morning. The gas station was open, but the cops came over anyway.

I quickly ended my phone call to talk to them, and they claimed they smelled pot, which was completely untrue; I'd never smoked pot in that car, nor had I smoked for over a month at that point. They used this as probable cause to search the car, however, and found the pills in my friend's purse.

Her initial charges were possession with intent to sell (felony) and then an increase in intensity because we were within 100 yards of the school. She took all the blame, and I just stayed completely quiet; I knew that I wasn't involved, but was afraid that if I spoke, I'd implicate her further.

They wound up dropping the school zone charge completely, and reduced her possession to a basic possession, dropping the intent to sell, and it was a misdemeanor because it was her first offense. She spent 30 days in jail, but if she'd been charged with everything, it would have been something like 3 years.

Hopefully, if it's your friend's first charge, they'll be equally as lenient.
ThePhanastasio is offline   Reply With Quote