Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 10-07-2010, 11:41 AM   #6432 (permalink)
Mojo
Melancholia Eternally

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaimon View Post
A (seemingly) good kid from school died last week. Today was his memorial, and I feel like **** for not feeling as bad as I probably should. Wish I did meet him though; from the way a friend described him, he seemed awesome.
Why should you feel worse about it than you do? Because he was young? I don't know.

Death can be a really hard thing to come to terms with, it can be devestating. However there usually tends to be an emotional involvement for this.

I went to a funeral yesterday. Now, she was an old lady. She was 85. So, i dont know if you feel this way because he was a young kid or if this has anything to do with it or not but I don't have an emotional attactchment to this woman. She used to say hello to me every time I saw her, her husband was the same when he was alive. She was a neighbour, had lived around here pretty much all of her life and so I knew of her, would talk to her whenever I saw her and thought she was a lovely old lady.

Thats the extent of any attatchment I had to her though, so I went to her funeral to pay my respects and then I went to the pub with my mates and got drunk.

You don't necessarily have to feel any worse than you do to learn of someones death.

Last.FM | Echoes and Dust
Mojo is offline   Reply With Quote