Music Banter - View Single Post - The Beginner's Guide to...
View Single Post
Old 10-08-2010, 11:14 AM   #863 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
It seems Sigh gets mentioned a fair amount around here. Those guys deserve all the attention and praise they can get...Imaginary Sonicscape is one of my favorite metal albums of all time. A lot of people can't handle its "quirkiness" (mostly the stubborn metalhead types) but I loved it from the first power chord.
I've been going on about them for the last little while now because I know a few people here like them and I'm hoping to create a few more fans. It's one of those albums that's not quite metal enough to turn off non metal fans, but just heavy enough to ensnare metal heads. But like you said, there are some metalheads stubborn enough to not like it for it's quirkiness. It's just so unique, I would have never believed that a moog synth could be utilized for anything other than industrial metal, but Sigh proved me wrong there. What's great about them is that they've been growing ever since that album, adding a saxophonist to their permanent roster who is a woman no less. Besides playing the saxophone she acts a secondary vocalist, often doing a harsher style effect than Mirai Kawashima, as well as acting as the bands chief sex appeal, which has given the band more notoriety in the last 3 years.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote