Music Banter - View Single Post - Which decade has the best Metal, 70s or 80s?
View Single Post
Old 10-09-2010, 02:48 AM   #41 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Most of the good bands you listed for the 90s are actually from the 80s (Sepultura, Melvins, Neurosis, Kreator, Death, Morbid Angel, Corrosion of Conformity, Ministry) and all the bad bands you listed for the 00s are from the 90s. And stuff like Pantera, Machine Head, Fear Factory, Korn and Deftones are perfect examples of why I give the 90s some low marks (and, yes, I realize some of even those bands started in the 80s).
I mentioned in the same post that you`re quoting from, that a lot of these bands were already formed before the 90`s. I was stating, that these bands released their best stuff in the 90`s regardless of when they were formed. Therefore I didn`t mention the likes of Metallica or even Iron maiden as their best stuff was clearly released in the 80`s.

Reading through the rest of the posts since yesterday, it seems my reference threw quite a few people off..........sorry for that.

I was just stating when their best albums came out, and not when they were formed. I can assure you, that I`m well aware of when these bands were formed.

Last edited by Unknown Soldier; 10-09-2010 at 02:58 AM.
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote