Music Banter - View Single Post - Laura Marling
Thread: Laura Marling
View Single Post
Old 10-10-2010, 11:17 PM   #7 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious View Post
To be honest, I don't really like these performers anymore, but I posted them because I thought someone else might if they'd come here for Marling. I'm with you, VEGANGELICA, I've got enough of the pseudo-drama one hears in their songs in my life--not very much at all, but enough--that I don't really want to hear music about it. (But there's nothing wrong with those who do!)
Oh yes, there's nothing wrong with people liking Laura Marling's music, since different music speaks to different people. But it is true that to me the songs seem to be myopic "pseudo-drama," like you wrote. Perhaps I'm missing some of their meaning?

I just listened to this song, Laura Marling's "She's Changed," and felt that, #1, the tedium of the details, which seem fairly meaningless to me, is just too much, and, #2, ARGHH! I don't care if she has changed or not!!!

Also, I just don't like the *sound* of this song. It seems so repetitive, like a broken record, going on and on and on, first at one speed, and then at another.

I may just be in a cynical mood, though, tonight.

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote