Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that seem to be about YOU!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #54 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

I was listening to some Tracy Bonham songs tonight, because she was one of my brother's favorite musicians in the 1990's, when I realized that her song "Mother Mother" does a pretty good job of describing how I felt sometimes when I was 18 to 19 years old. "Everything's fine." Heh heh.

Tracy Bonham - Mother Mother

Here's another one that I relate to quite a bit--really, this could be about me, such as what it was like when I finally decided to stop shaving or trying to look appealing when I didn't want to, come what may.

And I like that the song is about stopping having sex with people just because they want it. Also, I simply think it's a great song! It encourages women to be who they are and not suck up to anybody to try to avoid conflict. And I love the sound of it.

This morning is the first time I heard this song, and I'm glad I did, because I relate to it quite a bit. "Love that lets me be as human as can be. I don't have to fake it." That's all I ever really wanted in a relationship...and it's surprising how hard it is to find people who just let you be how you are.

Tracy Bonham - Fake it

If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"

Last edited by VEGANGELICA; 10-11-2010 at 02:49 AM.
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote