Music Banter - View Single Post - The Sleeping - Big Deep
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #2 (permalink)
luvrofmusic
Groupie

You have hit the nail right on the head with this review! I have been a huge fan of The Sleeping ever since "Believe what we tell you", and to be quite honest I was somewhat nervous about this new album. I had ordered it through Victory and received it 2 days prior to it's release date. As soon as the first song belted out through my CD player, it blew me away! Every song on this album is mind blowing! Doug's vocals are strong and you can hear his passion with every song! Everything from the bass to the drums all gel together so beautifully! I read somewhere online about what every song is about, and it made me love this band even more! I love Deafening the UK, Retiring Spies, Young Vibes, all the songs! Oh Gloria strikes an emotional chord with me as it is about Doug's mother and the abuse she went through with his father. My dad was an ass with my mom too, so I can relate. I agree that Victory doesn't seem to promote this group, because they have a winner with this album.......Greeat review!!
luvrofmusic is offline   Reply With Quote