Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 09:34 AM   #461 (permalink)
Arya Stark
"Hermione-Lite"

I don't have any logical explanation for whether or not people choose to be homosexual aside from the fact that I definitely didn't choose my sexuality. I don't think it has much to do with the environment, either... considering my parents don't accept that kind of sexuality, and definitely would not accept it if they found out I don't feel the same way they do, and that I'm not straight.

Anyway, even if people DID choose to be gay, what the hell is wrong with that?
I'm not saying we do and I'm not saying we don't, I'm sure there are people out there who choose to be gay and people out there who just settle for straight because they don't want to handle all of the difficulties that come with being gay. But honestly, if people were more accepting, and people just allowed gay people to be gay, what would it matter if they chose to do so? What's wrong with wanting to **** a dude or wanting to marry a dude if you're a dude? What's wrong with WANTING to do so because all of your experiences with women weren't the best? What are YOU going to do about it? Force the person to wait until some woman comes along and changed their views?

I don't know if I'm making too much sense here, but thinking about it... I honestly don't see what's wrong if someone chooses to be gay in the first place aside from the fact that there are people who argue that they never chose that path. Straight people can't argue that, so your opinion means nothing in the matter. Flower Child and Freebase, you are both straight, or so you say. So whatever you "think" it may be that is the reason for someone being gay doesn't even matter, you don't have to live with the choice or the fact that you're gay. And I'm sure it can be argued that you both CHOSE to be straight.

Edit because I posted without finishing:

Gay people CAN argue, but maybe we don't even know whether we chose to be straight or gay or not because we've convinced ourselves we've always been this way.

What my point is is that it shouldn't matter whether it's a choice or whether it's in our blood. If you all just got the hell over it, we'd be able to live in the same world without there being a problem.

I'm obviously sounding like I have pretty Utopian views, and things will never be this perfect, but I'm sure you understand my point of view here.

MB Journal.
Azucar y Especia. My blog.
Arya Stark is offline   Reply With Quote