Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that seem to be about YOU!
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 11:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by VocalsBass View Post
This song describes me perfectly!

YouTube - OH LORD IT'S HARD TO BE HUMBLE
Heh Heh, VB, I'm sure it does!

My mom and I used to love to sing that song together when I was little and she'd play the piano, topped with quivering geraniums. That and "Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer." Classics!

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutnuckle View Post

YES I AM DEEP. Normally, I wouldn't feel so attached to such a sad song, but some of these lyrics seem to describe aspects of my life so well that I can't help it. Somebody who I greatly care for always talks about moving away to London, and I can never quite convince her not to. Just little things like that scattered ALL OVER this song...
Clutnuckle, that's a lovely, lovely song! I listened to all 8:23 minutes of it. I love it. My god, that man has perhaps the most beautiful male voice I've heard in a long time. And I love the minor notes thrown in here and there to give the song a somber, off-kilter, melancholy feeling.

I've never heard of Red House Painters before, but now I'm going to check out more of their music, thanks to your post.

Have you played this song for that person in your life? I know I'd think twice about leaving if someone felt that strongly about me! Of course, maybe you could go to London if her heart is dead-set on it!
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote