Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 10-11-2010, 12:23 PM   #463 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Anyway, even if people DID choose to be gay, what the hell is wrong with that?

I don't know if I'm making too much sense here, but thinking about it... I honestly don't see what's wrong if someone chooses to be gay in the first place aside from the fact that there are people who argue that they never chose that path.

What my point is is that it shouldn't matter whether it's a choice or whether it's in our blood. If you all just got the hell over it, we'd be able to live in the same world without there being a problem.
I agree with you completely: there is nothing wrong with loving someone who is the same sex, and so whether it is by "choice" or "biological programming" doesn't matter...to us.

But to people who hate the "gay lifestyle," they will feel being gay is like a sin that a person is choosing to do, and they will want this sin to be snuffed out.

If homosexuality is considered "innate" by those who feel only men and women should long for each other, then perhaps they'll be more likely to accept laws that protect gay people, since you can't or shouldn't blame someone for being how she is born. Of course, some would probably want to snuff out the gay people rather than the behavior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by adidasss View Post
Meanwhile, in Serbia:
How sad, adidasss. People can be such vicious, stupid animals. Knowing you might get stoned to death for being gay (or for supporting gay rights) is a horrible thing to have to live with. I'm glad the riot police are there, trying to provide protection.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote