Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Taught Me Something
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 01:02 AM   #153 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine View Post
Honestly the only relation that I was trying to draw is that I don't like any of them. I do kind of dislike 311 and Linkin Park for the same reasons (bouncy phony rap heavy music or something) but I only mentioned those 3 bands because I tried to think quick of some bands I hate and they all came to mind at the same time. Don't dig too deep - I hate a lot of music
then it's pretty clear you've never really listened to either band and are just doing the equivalent of talking to hear the sound of your own voice.

311 were actual innovators. the whole raggae / metal thing was actually 'new' when they started out and not really replicated since. they have a very clear and defined message of positivity and metaphysical growth, which IS cheesy as hell, but still clear and relatively unique.

LP played watered down nu-metal. like Limp Bizkit for the kids who's parents didn't allow them to get a copy of 'significant other' because 'nookie' was a dirty song. their music is generic, their message cliche beyond words -
'WAHHH i'm not being treated as special as i think i am!!!'

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote