Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicbanter Taught Me Something
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:23 AM   #154 (permalink)
Engine
air quote

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr dave View Post
then it's pretty clear you've never really listened to either band and are just doing the equivalent of talking to hear the sound of your own voice.
Actually no, I try not to bull$hit around too much precisely because I don't like to listen to the sound of my own voice (or the equivalent).

You are half right though. I have only heard a few scattered Linkin Park songs over the years - including recent ones. This has been plenty to let me know that I hate their sound a lot.

But I have listened to 311 quite a bit as they were pretty much inescapable by the time their s/t came out. I was living in a college atmosphere and that album was played seemingly nonstop in some places. I never liked it at all. Or any songs from any other albums I've heard. I'll grant you that I have never forced myself to listen to any of their albums on my own, by myself. Too bouncy to listen to even if they had a good message. Of course their songs are catchy as hell but still I've always found them irritating at best.