Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicals
Thread: Musicals
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2005, 07:23 PM   #13 (permalink)
Dezzy
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixpunk
nobodys mentioned Hair besides me? cmon whats better than a bunch of hippies doing drugs and dodging the draft while running around singing songs? really though, its a decent movie with or without the songs. I wont give away the ending, but its quite sad.
It's a very memorable musical Fenixpunk, even though I think I've only ever seen it once.
Two songs I really like from this are "age of aquarius" I think it was also by a group called 5th Dimension??? (which version came 1st I dunno). I also loved and still do a song called Ain't got no/I got life by Nina Simone which you may recall resurfaced in a commercial for something.
I think the stage musical of Hair caused some big kerfuffle on either Broadway or in The West End because of nudity within the production. I'm sure I've seen B&W archive footage showing Oliver Tobias with his winkle out whilst being danced around by a gaggle of hippy girls.
Another thing Fenixpunk, in Hair is there an actual song called "Manchester, England"?
I reckon this thread is good one as I never thought banter about musicals could be so entertaining.
Dezzy is offline   Reply With Quote