Music Banter - View Single Post - The problems with homosexuality
View Single Post
Old 10-12-2010, 08:02 PM   #482 (permalink)
jeveuxleson
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVCA View Post
I've never researched it myself, but my Psychology professor recently told our class of 800 people that "every day, we find more and more evidence that your sexuality is determined either before birth or shortly after."
That's very very interesting. I definitely believe it. Hmph. I don't want to offend anyone with this statement. Uh. Well, there's really two types of homosexuals, I do believe. One is the one that has realized the fact that they are indeed attracted to their own sex. (Whether they accept it or not.) Then there are the others, the attention whores who 'choose' their sexuality. The ones who like girls to get more guys. That's not true homosexuality. It's not true to nature, true to form. So what gets often confused is the biological conclusion of homosexuality, and the fact that people who aren't gay sleep with the same gender. Therefore we come to a divide, people who are in fact gay, and the ones who claim they are based on their actions. There is this grey area. As a result, many statistics are based on a mix of the 'true homosexuals' and the ones who claim they're gay. Statistics are screwed for the time being, therefore evidence is skewed. I definitely believe your professor, it all comes down to whether we can find what causes homosexuality, and then advance from there. Y'know?