Music Banter - View Single Post - What TV shows are people watching?
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 12:40 AM   #135 (permalink)
debaserr
eat the masters

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoathsomePete View Post
Stringer and Barksdale was a really well told story. I remember my first time going through the first season I really despised both of them, they were real villains. Yet come 3rd season and the introduction of Marlo Stanfield, you were almost rooting for them, because they were the lesser of two evils. It was also a little depressing for Stringer just because of the lack of talent he had at his disposal. I mean I remember during his 40 degree day rant, the look of absolute frustration with his muscle when one of them happily exclaims "like a 40 degree day" with the most sincere smile on his face, completely oblivious to what Stringer was trying get across. I actually felt a little bad when
Spoiler for The Wire:
Stringer died at the end of season 3

As far as my favourite season, season 2 had some really great moments, and Frank Sobotka, one of the most tragic figures in modern television. Season 4 and 5 were also great, season 5 being particularly good because it's so hard to watch, yet you can't help but look. Season 3 is where the show kind of fell off a little bit for me, I mean don't get me wrong it was still miles better than everything else on TV combined, but it just didn't have that same feeling at the end of the season that I got from the others. I mean it still had its moments, Bubbles walking through 'Hamsterdam' at night was quite surreal and terrifying, and watching Freamon sell the Barksdales their own wiretap was just hilarious. The introduction of Maj. Colvin was also a great addition to an already amazing ensemble cast, and I was glad that they kept him around in season 4.

Best show on television.
it's fitting that you think season three was a bit off(my favorite) because I probably don't hold the series in such high regard as you do. it's excellent, don't get me wrong, but there's no way i would ever say i prefer it to the sopranos.