Music Banter - View Single Post - The Bitch Box
Thread: The Bitch Box
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 04:48 PM   #6473 (permalink)
NSW
Bigger and Better

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojopinuk View Post
^ That is exactly how I am. I used to have three friends who I felt I could talk to about anything and whenever anything happened, I had anything on mind or I felt myself wanting to talk someone's ear off, it was perfectly natural for me to go to one of them. It was often a two-way street too.

Now and for the last few years, I just don't do this anymore. Talking to those three friends is not really an option anymore and I don't do it with anyone else, even though I have friends who i've known for much longer. Bottling everything up is now natural to me and it is actually really difficult for me to open up to anybody, even when the opportunity presents itself.

I think thats why I am the kind of person I am, and by that I mean when I know or sense someone has something on their mind, I push them to talk about it. Because thats the only way I ever talk to anyone about anything. I could have someone in my life who meant the world to me and whom I trusted with my life and it would still take me a long time to change my ways. I would need pushing and not everybody does that.
I suppose this is going to sound extremely naive coming from a 30 year old woman, but I didn't realize this was as common a feeling as it is. It's nice to know I'm not broken! Or not alone in being broken. I'm hoping Janszoon's wrong and it's not simply a part of becoming an adult though, lol. Realizing that we all grow apart from old friends as we get older...is it so wrong to expect new ones to take their place? Or maybe we're so closed off we can't make new friends. Hmmm...thoughts to ponder...