Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 07:41 PM   #1712 (permalink)
Scarlett O'Hara
Make it so

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skaligojurah View Post
In Hitler's defense, he supported a lot of Wagner and operay type stuff. In fact the Carl Orf Classic "Carmina Burana"(A work that has done infinitely more for the application of vocals in music than somebody like Lady Gaga could) was composed entirely within Nazi Germany. Albeit, not directly linked to Hitler, I'm assuming it was a lot trying to push for those types of musical sensibilities. So, even if Hitler was bad for a lot of things, and his persecution of Jews would rob the world of many of the finest songwriters we've ever known, he wasn't entirely bad for music.

So, no, he's not as bad as Lady Gaga at least in one regard...

...Anyway. I'm sidetracking from my point even continuing to post on this. Barring my rude sarcasm, my original statement should hold relevance to anybody sympathetic to a music industry where a good 90% of the most cutting artists are frankly just not making money, or garnering attention.

To bring back to head, I know pop probably isn't the most popular genre for hardcore music people this type of forum generally attracts. However, I was just reinforcing a point made by somebody else that maybe there's more going on than just Lady Gaga, and if nothing in particularly interesting is going on then why is she always the topic of conversation?

I feel the "quit bitching about it" response is rather harsh considering how we're speaking as fans(or least fans of some of the byproducts of) of a multi-billion dollar industry, and certainly if Gaga is, admittedly, overexposed, we could try maybe rather than throwing dead wood on the heap, bring some exposure to new things.

Maybe the world isn't a place for opening minds, but this particular forum very damn well can be.

Either that, or we can continue to discuss the deep intricacies of the shape of Lady Gaga's snot as she sneezes onto a kleenix and respond to anyone who says "what's the point of it?" respond with "Well, tough ****, that's how things are!"
What the hell is your problem bb?

Comparing Lady Gaga to Hitler is just ridiculous, don't you think Obama is just as talked about in regards to Politics? Lady Gaga is hardly killing anybody or organising reform of an entire country, she just sings pop music! I don't know why you have your knickers in a twist because one artist is talked about more than others. What's so wrong with that? It's called popular music for a reason!

I have an open mind because I like more than one genre, and liking Gaga is not a crime or being close minded. I'm pretty sure it's down to people and their individual tastes. Hell Big3 has extensive music taste and he made the damn thread!

I repeat, get over it.