Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 10-14-2010, 10:57 PM   #1714 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Cause venting in a multi-thousand person large music forum thread isn't going to really glorify her that much, but it will make me feel better because that's what venting is.

Besides, we're blaming the media outlets? She did it, honestly. She put the spotlight on herself by her will. It was an act that obviously took a lot of effort, and distraction.

No, she's not as bad as Hitler. I was just using a dramatic hyperbole as an example of sometimes you have to question something if it's wrong regardless of your peers, and this is wrong.

However, Gaga sends a bad message to any aspiring artist because she essentially bends over backwards, forwards, and sideways to appease their wills(as all of the other ones Viacom has in their little barrel). She's amazingly charismatic, admittedly. I mean, I wouldn't care enough to hate her if she wasn't doing something wrong.

However, that something is NOT being an artist. It's exposing how flawed the system is, and making it even more flawed to keep her security at the risk of millions of musicians who don't have the money to tour because they take real risks, and actually take their art seriously as an expression rather than a quick money grab.

She is sticking her fingers in everyone else's pie. This is one of a million silenced please to end the madness, and nothing more.

This will be my final post on the topic because, yes, it's incredibly hypocritical for me to keep this going, while complaining about Gaga getting too much attention.

However, I want to leave a final word that "accepting it" is not acceptable. This "just give up" is the problem mentality. If Gaga is a problem, and she is, anybody should have the right to openly complain(It is 150% equally as relevant as the complimentary comments involving her), because it is a problem. If you are bothered by people complaining, maybe you should take a second to think about how much other people who have this bitch shoved down their throat every ****ing second of daily life it seems.

This is entirely reactionary.

Is it really too unreasonable to simply ask "Why do we care about these menial things involving this woman who is supposed to be a musician that have nothing at all to do with music, and have no artistic relevance to anything"? All I want is for people to wait for Gaga to bring something new to the table, or fall out of the spotlight for a second enough for something to be brought up that we haven't heard before? I haven't heard anything said about her in forever that even closely resembled fresh relevant news. It's just rehashing, and opinions. "I love her" or " I hate her". I think it's not too much to ask that some of that energy spread out a little.

That a lot of Gaga fans would explore the world beyond Gaga and their television just a little. They can get back to it when something, anything, remotely relevant happens involving. (CD Release, Winning ten thousand obviously rigged awards that are a thinly veiled advertisement for acts that are ALREADY popular, etc...). Something important, and music related. Put her to rest for a bit, and let a little sunshine shine. (Reinforcing Rez's original point which I felt I needed to since it was almost exactly as I felt. Even if it was a more lighthearted rendition).

P.S. To clarify, I'm not hinting her fans are stupid or close minded. Especially since the root of open minded is to like things regardless of what others think. Apart from the complete extreme super-zombies who want to collect her butthairs to build in a Murial of her in their dead cats skin(In which they only feed Gaga-kitty bites to, and only those, even after they were recalled. It's why they are dead.), her fans are not the problem(and yes, those people do exist in abundance), in general. It's mostly herself, and the system she choses to exploit.

I only wish this viewpoint would be allowed on television rather than being the subject if silly internet back and forth slapfests. It's our right to demand mainstream media give us an alternative.

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 10-14-2010 at 11:03 PM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote