Music Banter - View Single Post - Transhumanism
Thread: Transhumanism
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #13 (permalink)
mr dave
nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Nah, I understand that it's strictly a personal perspective issue. Interesting one too.
My perspective is that there isn't a metaphysical element to our consciousness as individuals at all, and that the sense of being unique in our self awareness and transcendent above something as petty as meat and bones is just a function of some intricate mosaic of our intelligence and emotion that we don't fully understand. Given that, it's hard for me to imagine how transporting someone's consciousness into another entity would work. My stance on transhumanism in that regard is pretty much a logical default.
I'm ok with that too.
that's fair, i agree with your disbelief of a metaphysical element to our consciousness as well, to me it's all ego. the metaphysical element applies itself to our subconscious.

then again i also believe that just as we as individuals have a consciousness and subconsciousness i think there's a metaphysical equivalent for the entirety of our species. we're just still so immature on that level that we haven't even learned how to truly communicate amongst ourselves in a cohesive language yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bandteacher1 View Post
I type whicked fast,
mr dave is offline   Reply With Quote