Music Banter - View Single Post - We come in peace.
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 05:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
elle39
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freebase Dali View Post
Welcome all of you.
But I do wonder... what's the story behind everyone jumping ship like this?
You guys had a music section and outgrew it or something?

Details!
I used to be a Big Brother fan, and joined the old forum about 5 years ago. I outgrew BB a while ago, but stuck around for the other sections of the forum and some of the people. It's a pretty big forum, so you don't have to follow BB to enjoy being a part of it.

But lately, the forum has become overrun with halfwits, and it's difficult to have a decent conversation about anything without some personal argument between tweenies ruining every thread. The mods/admin don't seem to want to change things and have allowed the place to go to the dogs to be honest.

For a long time now, I (and some others) have been avoiding the forum. Over time, most of us have drifted away from the place. The main reason we go back is habit to be honest, and the fact that Shaun would create a lot of good threads in the music section.

Last night, we were discussing how so many of us had abandoned the place and Shaun stated that he wished he had a better place to post his threads.

So I went on the hunt for an active Music forum with a diverse range of members and found this place.

I told them all to register in my best authoritative font , and here we are.

As long as we have an active forum, with decent people, we'll have a place to be. It had become habit going back to the BB forum, but I doubt any of us will miss that place and what it has become.

There are at least another 4 people in our group of friends who will be joining at some point in the near future, and I have a few friends on my email address book who would like this place, so I intend to get them to check it out also.

Hope you don't mind the invasion. We're not clique-ish, we're not troublemakers, and we're all pretty different, so I'm sure we'll fit in here.
elle39 is offline   Reply With Quote