Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 01:04 PM   #1718 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwwSugar View Post
Like I said earlier, you come into these threads to have a conversation.
Don't say your part and not care if anyone understands you.
If you have something to say, say it clearly so we can banter about these here musics.
I think I got he was trying to say. He's more pissed at the pop music industry than Lady Gaga herself. Someone said the exact same thing to me in the Ke$ha thread a while ago. They were angry that truly "talented" and "good" artists were being pushed down by soul-less electronic music. If you really want to talk about this, I think you'd be better off making a new thread about this than to bring it up at random times in pop artist threads.

He mentioned he hates how when she wears something slightly odd it makes news headlines, which really is more the fault of the news media outlets and our citizens. The news wouldn't advertise that stuff if people didn't buy it. His rant was ultimately a broad one against people in the US. Lady Gaga is part of the problem, but it goes much deeper than just her.

I find it so funny that there are people on this board expect record labels (particularly ones with well-established pop artists) to give them mostly really good, unknown artists that do have talent / or something great to bring to the table. Think about it, why would a label want to do that? Not why YOU would want them to do that, but what good would that do for the label? Above all, it's a business.

I echo Vanilla's statement. You all know where to find kickass obscure music. Whether it be this message board, youtube, myspace, a random music blog, lastfm, whatever. Instead of wasting your time whining like an child, go find some new unknown artists and promote the **** out of them. Post about them on this board. Post about them on your facebook. Tell your close friends about them. To me, that's really the way to find good music. Through word of mouth with friends of similar tastes. Not listening to "pop radio" or anything particularly mainstream. Don't get me wrong -- I love pop music. I see the problems with it though, and it's going to take something big to change it.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote