Music Banter - View Single Post - Surreptitiously, However...
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 01:53 PM   #21 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad View Post
There are times when I can't even believe how bloody brilliant it is: an explosion of emotion, an endless waterfall of bliss crashing down on your brain; a sea of sound hitting you, wave by wave, over and over again, tossing you up in the air; a complete and utter eargasm. It's as if you can see the light at the end of the tunnel behind all that hazy mess of sounds...5:59 minutes of clarity.

And when it all ends you're so...exhausted. As if it consumed you. Brilliant.
I get the feeling you like this Slowdive song quite a bit, UB! It does have a great atmosphere, matching the video very well.

Your feeling of clarify you get from the song sounds like what I hear meditators (and drug-users!) get from meditation and drugs, respectively: a sense of peace and unity with everything. Isn't it fun how music can elicit different mental states? This song reminds me of your music a little, by the way, because of the wave-like repetition and emotion.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote