Music Banter - View Single Post - Albums You're Digging II
View Single Post
Old 10-15-2010, 02:36 PM   #5649 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by duga View Post
I agree completely. I don't listen to a whole lot of hardcore or post hardcore. It's usually not my thing. I really like At the Drive In because of their lite sound.
Actually I was referring to Sparta, I don't think AtD-I are particularly "lite", though obviously not the most hardcore either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eric generic View Post
i've no idea why it's taken this long to hear it. foxtrot and selling england by the pound are among my favorites.

This album contains a string of songs that I find absolutely STELLAR ("Hairless Heart" all the way through "Anyway", minus "The Waiting Room" which is ok but not 5*, plus a few other very good tracks), and then some absolute garbage that makes the thing drag on and on and on. I like/don't mind the atmospheric & instrumental stuff, but tracks like "Riding The Scree" get on my nerves and "It" is absolutely TERRIBLE. This is one of the very few albums in my collection from which I pick and choose tracks. I'll often start at "Hairless Heart" and end at "Anyway", all the while wishing the entire thing was as good. Such a wide range of quality here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unchained Ballad View Post
[CENTER]

Had this bloody thing for months, still not sure what to make of it, but I might be starting to enjoy it, even if it all seems a bit of a drunken mess.
Had that a while and feel the same way, pretty good the first time but my perseption hasn't really changed over time...still don't know what I think. Time for another spin soon.