Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2010, 06:34 PM   #1736 (permalink)
Consolator
¬¬!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannister View Post
I really wish she would go away. I'm tired of listening to people herald her as some sort of creative genius.

Her image was carefully crafted in a boardroom full of rich white men looking to make a profit. And guess what? It worked.

I think I would've liked her a lot more if she stuck to the normal-girl-playing-piano bit.
It's funny you say that. Lady Gaga had been doing performance art pieces in NY Clubs and bars for years before she got a label to sign her. Back then, she believed it to be very important to mix avant-garde fashion with pop music, and she wanted to make people uncomfortable with her shock pop art. That hasn't really changed. Granted, she's doing it in a much larger scale than she used to.

I don't really think she's a creative genius. A lot of her fashion can be traced back to previous designers and models. "Teeth" blows me away every time I hear it. It has the elements of gospel music in it, and the jazz sound in her singing. I wish she would branch out and do more songs of that nature. I love it.
Consolator is offline   Reply With Quote