Music Banter - View Single Post - One Very Important Thought: Dayvan Cowboy's Confessions As A BOC Nut
View Single Post
Old 10-18-2010, 08:04 AM   #65 (permalink)
almauro
Way Out There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
Okay, I wasn't always an IDM junkie or an Avant-Garde fan.
I'm just so amused by the sub-genres that keep popping up, but Intelligent Dance Music, has got to be the most elite sounding of them all. BOC will alway mean Blue Oyster Cult in my mind, but I did enjoy the Boards clip, and though I stick to a strick regimen of death metal/black metal/grindcore/sludge metal to get me through the day, I will definitely pick up one of their cd's because they've intrigued me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
It all starts when I was five. I admit that I was a strange child when I was five, because instead of watching Caillou or Blues Clues, I thrived on Bill Nye and the space documentaries on The Discovery Channel. I was obsessed with science, and I wanted to be an astronaut. I remember sitting hours on end listening to old prog albums and reading a giant book on black holes and neutron stars, while eating cheerios with a giant smile on my face. sure, I was a hyper, violent child,(The ADHD pills fixed that) but I would still have the patience to get through a Yes album, and I loved it. My favourite album when I was little was Pink Floyd's Animals. Sheep was my favourite off of the album, and I would listen to it every day, sitting in my Pink Floyd T-shirt, and reading a 6th grade science textbook.

This is the kind of sheep music I listened to when I was five, because I didn't discover DSOTM until I was nine. I obviously wasn't as smart as you, but check out some of the great music you missed out on. lol

Last edited by almauro; 10-18-2010 at 01:20 PM.
almauro is offline   Reply With Quote