Music Banter - View Single Post - Brand New
Thread: Brand New
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 12:17 AM   #172 (permalink)
Spike*Spiegel
Five Feet of Fury

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirty View Post
In high school i was a HUGE Brand New fan... Loved Your Favorite Weapon even though it was simplistic. Just a high energy CD that really spoke to me at the time.. Deja Entendu was awesome, definitely more 'mature' and I loved it as well. The Devil and God took some time to get used to, more than the other two, but I ended up really liking it. I've listened to Daisy a few times and I HATE it. I think it really sucks, i just don't like the style they have anymore. Sure, my life has changed a lot since I was a huge fan but their music has changed a lot and I'm not diggin it.

Their Fight Off Your Demons leaked demos or whatever they were are really good. Loved them when they came out. I've seen Brand New 3 times and they were pretty good each time. One was the last date on the tour with Manchester Orchestra (who was good) and they went nuts and trashed the set afterwards which was pretty sweet.
I felt the same way about Daisy for a long time. I think it's one of those albums that you have let grow on you for a while before you start to appreciate it. Jesse Lacy's lyrics have become more and more bizarre, sometimes dark and often heavily metaphorical with each new album. Since you've seen them live, then you'll know what I'm talking about when I say that man is very passionate about what he does. I saw them play "Limousine" a couple of years back and he looked absolutely broken throughout the song. Some of his behavior during a performance can be every bit as disturbing as some the lyrics, but (for me, at least) that's half the appeal.
Spike*Spiegel is offline   Reply With Quote