Music Banter - View Single Post - The English Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2010, 11:27 AM   #3055 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveissucide View Post
Opinions from right-track and TheCunningStunt?
Whatever Rooney's reasons are for wanting to leave may well remain untold.

It seems all was well until his return from the World Cup. It was as early as August that Ferguson was aware of the players intentions.
Could it be Rooney went against the wishes of Ferguson following his injury against Bayern? According to Ferguson there was no falling out.
Has he been tapped up by another club offering him massive wages? Unlikely as United's improved offer was apparently substantial.
I suspect his wife has a hand in this. Since his indiscretion it appears he's done all he can to save his marriage and it wouldn't surprise me if he's been told to distance himself from certain others if he wants her to stick around.

Whatever the reasons, it's all academic.
The fact remains that Rooney wants to leave United at what could well be the worst possible time.
With United's old guard, Ferguson included, ready to hang up their boots probably by the end of next season at the latest and the replacements (of which Rooney and Ronaldo were amongst them) hardly firing on all cylinders (see Hargreaves, Anderson, Carrick etc), coupled with United's financial situation could prove to be the beginning of the end of an era.
Unless of course Fergie has the time and energy to conjure up one last magic trick and leave a team worthy enough to call his legacy.
It's not as if he hasn't done it before, (see Keane, Ince, Stam, Beckham, Ruud, Ronaldo etc) and I wouldn't put it past him to do it all one more time.
Remember the last big clear out that left United with nothing but kids?
And as we all know "you can't win anything with kids!"...can we Mr. Hansen?

I'm of the opinion that no-one is bigger than any club.
And if Rooney wants to leave, let the fat scouse bastard go. Even if it means to City.
We've seen it all before, but this time...time may well be against us.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote