Music Banter - View Single Post - Musicals
Thread: Musicals
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 08:59 AM   #16 (permalink)
Fenixpunk
The Erroneous Hoodlum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dezzy
It's a very memorable musical Fenixpunk, even though I think I've only ever seen it once.
Two songs I really like from this are "age of aquarius" I think it was also by a group called 5th Dimension??? (which version came 1st I dunno). I also loved and still do a song called Ain't got no/I got life by Nina Simone which you may recall resurfaced in a commercial for something.
I think the stage musical of Hair caused some big kerfuffle on either Broadway or in The West End because of nudity within the production. I'm sure I've seen B&W archive footage showing Oliver Tobias with his winkle out whilst being danced around by a gaggle of hippy girls.
Another thing Fenixpunk, in Hair is there an actual song called "Manchester, England"?
I reckon this thread is good one as I never thought banter about musicals could be so entertaining.
ya, theres a song called manchester england, theres alot of good songs in it. The song Aint Got No Life, if youre old enough, youll notice that it is sung by the lady from the old show "Give me a Break".