Music Banter - View Single Post - Should US Legalize Marijuana?
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #335 (permalink)
anticipation
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janszoon View Post
Hey, speaking of The Lancet, have any of you people seen the new drug classification proposal based on level of danger that was published in it a few years back? Here's a chart from it:

Notice where alcohol is relative to cannabis, LSD, ecstasy, etc.

Here's the BBC article about it.
I've been seeing this chart for awhile, and while I agree with most of the data on it I prefer this chart:

The first one makes it seem like cannabis is more harmful than GHB, anabolic steroids, and solvents, which isn't the case at all. This one differentiates between the dependence and body load factors, and although it still places marijuana a bit high on the dependence scale for my liking it provides a more realistic depiction of drug harm reduction data.

Honestly, all those who glamorize marijuana use as "natural", "safe", and "spiritual" are morons. Any serious psychonaut knowingly and willingly accepts the fact that all drugs are toxic, and their effects are basically mild-to-severe forms of poisoning. There's nothing spiritual about inhaling the carcinogen-laden smoke of a dried plant, it's just another way mankind has found to alter consciousness in an effort to avoid the monotony of daily life.
anticipation is offline   Reply With Quote