Music Banter - View Single Post - Hairy armpits and women
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 10:39 AM   #58 (permalink)
right-track
Atchin' Akai

Quote:
Originally Posted by VEGANGELICA View Post
Definitely German! Unfortunately, many men (and women) DO feel women's underarm hair is gross and disgusting, right-track.
Like I said. That's unfair and ignorant.

Quote:
Men calling women unladylike because they have their body hair is ironic, I feel, since men are usually at their most ungentlemanly when they put a woman down because of her appearance.
A true gentleman would never comment on a woman's appearance.
They wouldn't be seen dead with a hairy woman either.

Quote:
I stopped shaving in my 20s because I felt I could no longer, through my actions, strengthen a social norm with which I disagree so fundamentally. I decided to accept my body as it is, rather than continue to pretend that I don't have body hair and give power to those who define women's underarm hair and leg hair as gross.
Refusing to shave your underarm hair does no more to empower women, than a man growing a beard makes a man more manly.
I can't help but feel your decision to grow your arm pit hair came with the feminist package you bought into along with the veganism.
I'm prepared to stand corrected, but it's all so typical. And not entirely necessary to tick all the feminist boxes to be a real woman.
right-track is offline   Reply With Quote