Music Banter - View Single Post - The American Football Thread
View Single Post
Old 10-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #713 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

He's just angry in the moment, he's not gonna do it.

I see why he is mad though... The hit on Massaquaoi (however you spell his damn name) wasn't dirty in my opinion. People lately have been really confusing the term dirty hit with big hit. I don't think he was trying to hurt him... The QB led him into Harrison's area and Harrison went for the hit. He was trying to catch the ball and Harrison was just trying to make a play. Massaquoia's head dropped at the end and Harrison was already going for the hit. Where do you want him to hit him at? It's a split second decision. When you are that big and fast you can't just pull up at the last second.

The NFL is being stupid... Injuries happen, its part of the game. Nobody wants to see unnecessary head shots. But I am an Atlanta fan, and CB Dunta Robinson got fined 50,000 for a LEGAL hit this week. C'mon now, what the ****!!! It wasn't a dirty play, it's FOOTBALL. I'm waiting to see everybody start going low on receivers now and resulting in a lot of knee injuries.

Basically, you can't stop injuries from happening. There's thousands of hits every weekend and only a few result in concussions. Just let em play. These guys were taught to play the game hard and aggressive and praised for their big hits. The NFL made a ton of money off of these huge plays, and now all of a sudden guys are getting fined for just about everything.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote