Music Banter - View Single Post - Lady Gaga
Thread: Lady Gaga
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 11:43 AM   #1742 (permalink)
Goblin Tears
Music Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bannister View Post
Oh, and tbh I really don't have an encyclopedic knowledge of Lady Gaga, so I really can't say if her whole persona came into being because of a bunch of record execs or not,
This proves you didn't really now what you were talking about in your earlier post, or else you were just looking for a reaction from GaGa's fantics.

Quote:
but I wouldn't be too suprised at all if that had to do with it. At the very least, I think the fact that she had a gimmick helped her get signed.

(:
What's the gimmick?

People here are making the ridiculous assumption that ''normal piano playing'' lounge music is more 'authentic' or whatever than club/pop music. Aside from the fact that it's difficult to make pop produced music without a studio (as was the case with GaGa pre-fame), I'm sure it's a direction she wanted to go in, given her tastes and inspirations, which are quite varied. So I wouldn't say she sold out, she was just handed a lot of musical resources and made maximum use of them, and even still, she practices her old style in several songs like Brown Eyes etc.
Goblin Tears is offline   Reply With Quote