Music Banter - View Single Post - Pop Punk
Thread: Pop Punk
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 06:31 PM   #17 (permalink)
Dirty
Account Disabled

I love Blink 182...At no point were they ever my favorite band, but they were always just that constant through my youth. They were always there and didn't take themselves real seriously and I dig that. Their music was simple but they were out there having a great time, and I think DeLonge and Hoppus were a great contrast in vocals. Never really liked either Angels & Airwaves or +44... Saw A&A live once and it was blah.

Old Green Day will always be classic to me... I still remember my Dad driving me to middle school in the mornings and we'd listen to Dookie every morning. That CD was awesome.

I don't know what people consider Alkaline Trio... Their old stuff is a lot more raw and rugged, their new stuff is more pop. They were my favorite band for the first two years of college, I would constantly jam to them. I really liked their dark lyrics and their sound, I listened to Goddamnit, Maybe I'll Catch Fire, and Crimson pretty much every day. Their Remains thing that they put out is something I'll recommend to anyone. Great stuff.
Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote