Music Banter - View Single Post - One Very Important Thought: Dayvan Cowboy's Confessions As A BOC Nut
View Single Post
Old 10-22-2010, 06:47 PM   #66 (permalink)
Dayvan Cowboy
Basscadet

Quote:
Originally Posted by almauro View Post
I'm just so amused by the sub-genres that keep popping up, but Intelligent Dance Music, has got to be the most elite sounding of them all. BOC will alway mean Blue Oyster Cult in my mind, but I did enjoy the Boards clip, and though I stick to a strick regimen of death metal/black metal/grindcore/sludge metal to get me through the day, I will definitely pick up one of their cd's because they've intrigued me
Ah, yes. IDM is a very badly named genre. You can't dance to it, it isn't intelligent, and judging by Aphex Twin's twisted masterpieces, it's not really musical, either. Sidewinder suggested that IDM stands for Introverted Dance Music, so I'll stick with that. Also, you should be in for some good stuff if you get a Boards Of Canada album

Quote:
This is the kind of sheep music I listened to when I was five, because I didn't discover DSOTM until I was nine. I obviously wasn't as smart as you, but check out some of the great music you missed out on. lol

I certainly wasn't your average kid at age five. My parents doubted my sanity

Last edited by Dayvan Cowboy; 10-23-2010 at 04:17 AM.
Dayvan Cowboy is offline   Reply With Quote