Music Banter - View Single Post - American Indie, Lo-Fi, Noise-Pop Bands?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:09 AM   #14 (permalink)
TheCunningStunt
love will tear you apart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dayvan Cowboy View Post
I said that because you just described 99% of the music on the alternative station on Sirius Satellite Radio.
Oh, I have no idea what Sirius Radio is. What kind of bands do they play?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioNutrition View Post
Hmm yeah, I suppose but in my opinion there are still big differences between the bands. I like Girls album quite a lot but I wouldn't say it sounded like Best Coasts album, which I feel is more surf-rock-eque where as Girls, for me sounds more towards the traditional indie-rock side of the spectrum. They do have there similarities in some of the vocal stylings and lo-fidelity guitars, but there are noticeable and distinguishable differences, no?

And yes again Japandroids - Post Nothing album is very good for me, I would say they count.
Maybe that's why Best Coast's album is inferior and Girls' Album is a far better record. I think Girls' album will stand the test of time, their album has a bit of Elvis Costello, a bit of Beach Boys, a bit of Buddy Holly and a bit of Jesus & the Mary Chain in there. The influences were plain to see, and I think it will hold up as a decent album. I think Best Coast are probably one of the worst out of the lo-fi surf pop stuff that's coming out at the moment, but different folks for different folks I guess.

In that case - Japandroids, No Age and Girls FTW.

Last FM
TheCunningStunt is offline   Reply With Quote