Music Banter - View Single Post - American Indie, Lo-Fi, Noise-Pop Bands?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 07:20 AM   #16 (permalink)
AudioNutrition
Groupie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheCunningStunt View Post
Maybe that's why Best Coast's album is inferior and Girls' Album is a far better record. I think Girls' album will stand the test of time, their album has a bit of Elvis Costello, a bit of Beach Boys, a bit of Buddy Holly and a bit of Jesus & the Mary Chain in there. The influences were plain to see, and I think it will hold up as a decent album. I think Best Coast are probably one of the worst out of the lo-fi surf pop stuff that's coming out at the moment, but different folks for different folks I guess.

In that case - Japandroids, No Age and Girls FTW.
Oh right, I can feel your overwhelming love for Best Coast. Music is an art, it's subjective. I won't waste any time trying to convince you of Best Coast, but don't you think its not necessarily how well an album will stand the test of time that makes it a good record? But sometimes the influence an album can have on the music industry, however. An album that has good influences and is solid all round could be perceived as 'decent' by one person and 'boring' by another? I'm a fan, don't get me wrong... just food for thought
AudioNutrition is offline   Reply With Quote