Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Is The Greatest of the Non Big 4 Thrash Metal Bands?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 11:16 AM   #3 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

What have you heard from Suicidal Tendencies? None of the bands on this list have solid discographies but they're not without their charm. Lights Camera Revolution (1990) is probably their best work after How Will I Laugh Tomorrow When I Can't Even Smile Today (1988), but I tried to include all of the thrash metal bands I could think of, even the ones with really spotty discographies like Suicidal Tendencies and Infernal Majesty.

edit:

What have you heard from Testament? If you haven't heard The Gathering (1999) then you need to get on that shit ASAP. It features Steve DiGiorgio (Death, Control Denied, Iced Earth, Charred Walls of the Damned, Vintersorg, Obituary, etc.) on bass and Dave Lombardo (Slayer, Fantamos) on drums. The album also features some of Chuck Billy's best vocal work to date, and really blurred the boundaries between death metal and thrash metal.

However if I had to choose three bands from the list for you to check out it would go like this:

Anacrusis - Screams & Whispers (1993)

Some of the most experimental and unique thrash metal I've heard in my entire life.

VoiVod - Nothingface (1989)

Often regarded as their best work, and certainly my favourite album by them, however I would ask Lee (Jackhammer) for his opinion because he's more knowledgeable on the band than me.

Sepultura - Beneath The Remains (1989)

Again this is often cited as their best work, however you can really listen to anything between this album and Roots (1996) and find some great International thrash metal.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote