Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Is The Greatest of the Non Big 4 Thrash Metal Bands?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 02:47 PM   #9 (permalink)
Unknown Soldier
Horribly Creative

Great write-up and agree with nearly all that you`ve said, there are some bands in there that even I`m not too familiar with and will have to give another listen to, or bands that I`d long forgotten about.

Annihilator bloody awful band and not recommended!!!

I can see a hardcore thrash fan, not being in love with death metal influences on their thrash sound. The late 80`s and throughout the 90`s were very much the era of metal bands incorporating different sub genres of metal into their sound. Most of these thrash bands actually deviated away from their true thrash sound more than some people realize. Elements of death, doom, groove, nu-metal and prog etc are scattered across their discographies. Their saving grace in the eyes of their true fans, is that they never ventured too far away from their roots though.

Worth noting that German thrash had a feel quite distinct at times from its American cousin which makes listening to Kreator and Sodom worthwhile.

And Pete no I haven`t heard "Ironbound" what`s it like?
Unknown Soldier is offline   Reply With Quote