Music Banter - View Single Post - Who Is The Greatest of the Non Big 4 Thrash Metal Bands?
View Single Post
Old 10-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Ironbound is a real return to form for the band, and kicks the absolute shit out of the newer thrash metal bands and shows them how it's done (With the exception of Witchery). It's been almost unanimously rated as one of the best metal albums of the year along with Heathen's new album Chaos In Evolution and Exodus' Exhibit B: The Human Equation.

edit:

Also a great write up Lee, very fair and full of good info. For me I used thrash to get me into metal and kind of prepare myself for the abrasiveness found in death metal and black metal, and when I made that leap, I didn't really look back until far later. A lot of the metalheads I know in real life started off with thrash, kind of dabbled in other genres, but never really expanded too far out, but refined and mastered what they did know. I wanted to at least be able to keep up with them in conversation, so I went back to explore some of the lesser known thrash acts, but even then, I was focusing a lot of my attention on the newer stuff.

I just realized I didn't even vote yet. I think I have to go with Kreator because of the influence they had on death metal.
LoathsomePete is offline   Reply With Quote