Music Banter - View Single Post - Sid! By Those Who Really Knew Him Sky Arts 1/HD: 9pm 19/10
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 12:09 PM   #13 (permalink)
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra
\/ GOD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unknown Soldier View Post
You start off by saying, that you don`t agree with the observations that Sid Vicious was talentless! Instead of defending your belief about Sid, you go off on a tangent about the Sex Pistols!
What I mean to say is that as a Sex Pistols, his talent was not instrumental skill. Rather, it was fitting the role that was made for him. Obviously, if he didn't, they wouldn't have brought him on.

In essence, the Sex Pistols were not about technical virtuosity. His talent was however supplementing the image, and sound in which they were going for. Didn't say so directly in my rant, but I believe it was implied.

Even if his talent was garnering freak attention and being a scuzzbag, image was EXTREMELY important to the Sex Pistols, moreso than the actual music element they were presenting. Which I guess I can't completely defend but still... he was there for a reason.

Taking in what the Sex Pistols were, and what they needed, he was rather fit for the job.

Last edited by Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra; 10-25-2010 at 12:16 PM.
Ska Lagos Jew Sun Ra is offline   Reply With Quote