Music Banter - View Single Post - what bands do you find boring?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 07:41 PM   #89 (permalink)
Screen13
Music Addict

"Shoegaze" is certainly a like it or lump it happening in my book, but some of the bands lumped into the early days of the "scene" do have a bit of an attraction to me. At it's best, there's quite a mystery in the sound that's very relaxing.

Ride - I liked most of their music for a while, and Going Blank Again certainly has some good memories for me, but with Carnival of Light, I can hear where they were going on serious auto-pilot with the occasional good track...and the less said about Tarantula besides "Black Nite Crash," the better.

MBV - They only worked for me with Loveless, which may have been over-rated, but still was a bit innovative enough for me to take notice.

Lush - I also liked them as well. Good vocals and well-blended guitars, and their Pop album (Lovelife) was pretty good as well.

As for Chapterhouse...I'd rather pass. Still, some may find them alright, and Blood Music was certainly a serious misstep that went into a more Dance-oriented field at times. It seriously sounded like a band trying desperately to find a place, so I don't really call it boring.

Pale Saints...all respect to those who like them, there's where Shoegazing can get boring for me. (were they actually part of that whole thing?)
Screen13 is offline   Reply With Quote