Music Banter - View Single Post - Favourite British Movies?
View Single Post
Old 10-25-2010, 09:59 PM   #5 (permalink)
LoathsomePete
Cardboard Box Realtor

Definitely Get Carter, Snatch, Trainspotting, Lock, Stock & Two Smoking Barrels, Layer Cake, and Sexy Beast come to mind first when I'm thinking of good British films popular outside of Britain. After sitting down on it I think back to my days working in a video store and renting movies every night and I am reminded of Dog Soldiers, This Is England, and Dead Man's Shoes, some very underrated movies from the last decade. Also if you're after a pretty disturbingly violent movie The Rise of the Foot Soldier is a pretty brutal look in the events leading up to a triple homicide in the forests outside of Manchester (or something a long those lines) and the police weren't able to figure out who the killer was. I thought it was just going to be a pretty standard football hooligan movie, but as you get deeper in the violence moves beyond petty squabbles but into some hardcore gangster shit. Not the greatest movie, but definitely worth a look if you liked Green Street Hooligans, orThe Firm. Although I'm going on the record now in saying that The Firm is the best football hooligan movie ever made.
LoathsomePete is online now   Reply With Quote