Music Banter - View Single Post - Lingerie Football League (American Football)
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 11:31 AM   #24 (permalink)
VEGANGELICA
Facilitator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban Hatemonger View Post
No worse than what I can see in any bar on a Saturday night.

Anyway it's no more degrading that working some shitty job for as little pay as some employer can get away with paying.

Get some perspective, grown consenting women running around on a field in their underwear and getting paid for it is nothing in the grand scheme of things.

Can we get away from this extremely tedious 'woman should be precious flowers that should never be exploited or lusted after' fallacy and concentrate on some real issues instead that benefit everybody.

Thanks.
Since the thread topic is about the Lingerie Football League and what we think about it, Urban, I suppose you could get away from this topic...but that would mean you wouldn't come into this thread!

I agree women are very strong and are not "precious flowers" any more than any person is a precious flower, but I feel the issue of exploiting people isn't tedious at all. I feel it is very important. For example, people shouldn't have to work at some ****ty job for as little pay as some employer can get away with paying. That's an important issue. If like you say the Lingerie League Football is about as degrading as people being paid too little, then that means it is also an issue worthy of thought.

The issue is that grown consenting women might prefer to run around on a field playing football getting paid a lot for it without having to get cut up due to being told in their contracts to wear skimpy uniforms. The issue is that society doesn't seem to support women athletes as much as male athletes, and so women have fewer opportunities to make big bucks in athletics like men do without resorting to sexual tactics.

What *do* you feel are some real issues that benefit everybody? And if some issue benefits primarily women, why shouldn't that matter?

Anyway, I think all people are precious flowers. And there is nothing wrong with lusting. But when lust overtakes all other emotions, then I feel it probably is a problem...emotions like basic compassion for the women on the field getting skinned up because some men and women will pay to see that.
If a chicken was smart enough to be able to speak English and run in a geometric pattern, then I think it should be smart enough to dial 911 (999) before getting the axe, and scream to the operator, "Something must be done! Something must be done!"
VEGANGELICA is offline   Reply With Quote