Music Banter - View Single Post - Awkward social situations
View Single Post
Old 10-26-2010, 03:41 PM   #35 (permalink)
downwardspiral
Music Addict

when you're on the bus/train listening to music through your ear/headphones and someone you may or not know talks to you and you completely don't acknowledge it and try and look in the opposite direction so as not to make eye contact. GO AWAY, I AM LISTENING TO MUSIC AND I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR SHIT VOICE.

when someone says something which is just totally wrong and you don't want to correct them in fear of the huge tumbleweed that will inevitably come barging through the room. like the other day this guy i work with saying "i hate queens of the stone age, have just never really liked dave grohl". i was nearly dying in my chair wanting to correct him but people were around and i didn't want to.

when you think out loud and people hear you, or you think of something funny and start laughing when you're on your own. i do this far too often for my own good.

when you're walking along and a bit of the pavement is sticking up out of the ground and you kick it and stumble and people see. i just look to the ground and start laughing or get my phone out and pretend to/actually text someone.

also i can vouch for the peeing in the urinals thing as well. i always go for the cubicles, i can be absolutely busting for a piss but when i get to the urinals it just wont come out AT ALL. when we saw pixies a few months ago i was absolutely dying for a wee, ran to the toilet and it was packed and i was waiting at the cubicle and a guy behind me was like "go on theres a urinal free" and i was a bit drunk and shouted "NO THANKS I'M A NERVOUS PISSER HAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" and there was just utter silence. i actually wanted to dive down the toilet and never be seen again.

downwardspiral is offline   Reply With Quote