Music Banter - View Single Post - Mini-Review The Song Above You
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:44 PM   #205 (permalink)
bob.
Still sends his reguards.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dankrsta View Post
That's a pretty good song, very intense, and the video too. What album would you recommend to someone who hasn't heard anything by Der Blutharsch?
Der Blutharsch is interesting in the fact that they completely changed their sound half way through their career...with no leading up to the change.....their early stuff is a 100% perfect example of Martial Industrial music.....martial marching style drums, bombastic symphonic interruptions, and samples of military speeches mainly European, intermixed with sullen lyrics about destruction....if you want to hear that i suggest starting with 'The Moment Of Truth' and 'The Track Of The Hunted'....then in 2003 they headed in a completely different direction and started making striking dark psychedelic pop music....their last album 'Flying High'..which that track is from...is just an amazing album of pure nihilistic psychedelic pop music....as dreary as it is trippy...think Pink Floyd at its darkest and them move down to the real gates of hell.....it's taken me years to even really listen to their last couple of albums....being such a fan of their early albums....but i am now starting to see what they are doing and why its more of a progression in a really good way
bob. is offline   Reply With Quote