Music Banter - View Single Post - Songs that seem to be about YOU!
View Single Post
Old 10-28-2010, 01:54 PM   #92 (permalink)
sidewinder
Engorged Member

Well the genre was born here so of course, there will always be new bands taking the influences of the area. Too much post-grunge though, for sure.

Let's see in the general area we've got the following that I listen to on a somewhat regular basis: Nirvana, Melvins, Unwound, Seeweed, Jimi Hendrix, Sunny Day Real Estate, Mad Season, 764-HERO, Waxwing, The Postal Service, Minus the Bear, The Fire Theft, Juno, These Arms Are Snakes, Akimbo, Band of Horses (no longer here), FCS North, Helvetia, The Dutchess and the Duke.

And that's omitting some I don't listen to reguarly: Alice in Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Foo Fighters, Rishloo, Fleet Foxes, The Postal Service, Death Cab For Cutie, Pretty Girls Make Graves, Mudhoney, Harkonen, Love as Laughter, The Halo Benders, Lync.

And those are just the ones showing up in my RYM profile in the map. Then think of all the good bands from Portland just a few hours away!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob. View Post
its a real shame that thats how the world looks at Seattle....
True. There are a lot of bums though, and that bothers me. The city is very leniant when it comes to loitering laws. I could see that adding to the seedy impression for tourists.